Malmo FF brought in Puerto Rico talent Gustavo Rivera and the 18-year-old nödlösningen was a success.
– He did a very good impression, says sports director Per Ågren.
A whole new face appeared in Malmo FF’s meeting last night against the Columbus Crew in Florida.
Gustavo Rivera from IMG academy was called in and got to play in one half of the MFF’s 135-minute marathon (3×45 minutes) against the American MLS Club.
Ulrich Vinzents and Simon Kroon was missing and therefore took a chance MFF’s management of the young talent that could go in for Ricardinho in the second intermission.
And he did it, Swedish Fans reports today about a faultless effort from the young karibiske defender.
– We had low expectations of a U18 player but he was really clever game. Yes, you could say that he impressed, says Per Ågren to FotbollDirekt.se.
– He did a very good impression. He appeared safe and mature.
Now uncertain what will happen but Malmo’s sporting director does not preclude an audition may be underway this summer.
– He did a very good impression and I exclude nothing. It’s not relevant right now and there is nothing we have had time to talk about it here soon after the game.
– But of course it may be necessary, continue Per Ågren.
Gustavo Rivera sells otherwise already in itself is not it will not let this outlay, which shows that he is already prepared for a MFF
– No, but I did some online yesterday and saw that it is the most successful team and have many supporters. And then I saw Zlatan, Ibrahimovic is, played there in the beginning of his career, says Gustavo to Swedish fans.
Published February 9, 2012 21:22