By Mahmoud Shoblaq/American Soccer News • Jul 27th, 2009
After the disappointment on Saturday, TFC are back at BMO field on Wednesday to face off the Puerto Rico Islanders in the first Leg of their CONCACAF Champions League Preliminary Round.
TFC will be without defender Nana Attakora once again, while others like Amado Guevara and Adrian Serioux are questionable after receiving knocks from the Columbus game.
On a good note, young midfielder Sam Cronin will be available for selection after returning from the Gold Cup.
In order for TFC to keep their chances of advancing to the next round of this competition alive, they must get the win; keep their goals-for at a maximum, and their goals-against at a minimum. After this match, Toronto will head to New England to face the Revs on Saturday for their next MLS game.
Predictions for the upcoming game:
* The lineup will have some similarities to the game against Columbus with some things in question.
* The injuries to both Adrian Serioux and Nana Attakora, could see Marco Velez start.
* While in the midfield Amado Guevara is also questionable with an injury, the return of Sam Cronin could see him starting the match.
* TFC will have to shake off a very disappointing match in order to perform on Wednesday.
* A 70% chance of TFC taking the win from this game and an 80% chance of the draw.
* A score of 2-1 for TFC.